is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
⚠️IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 📣
Dear valubale community,
we are pleased to announce that Africa Food Manufacturing Featuring Fi Africa & ProPak MENA will now take place from
11-13 October 2020 at Cairo International Convention Center in Cairo.
We look forward to welcoming you in Cairo later this year
The cultivated area in Egypt reached about 8970 thousands acres in 2018 , the agricultural crops are the essential input for the manufacturing of agricultural crops which in turn represents the largest subsector of food processing followed by dairy products , readymade food, mills, oil and fats , natural water and others.
The government will continue to invest in land reclamation projects, increasing the area available for agricultural output.Egypt's sophisticated food processors are creating products and packaging that are high in quality, competitively priced and attractive to global markets.Moreover, food processing sector is one of top export sectors in Egypt.There are several success stories working in Egyptian market in the field of food processing such as Nestle, Americana group , tetra pack and other .
• The government has initiated a number of schemes designed to improve food security in the country on both the production and the consumption fronts.
• The increasing use of genetically modified crops could help to improve output.
• Multinational majors are investing heavily in the country and in the region, which will improve production facilities.
• The government is committed to developing the Sinai Peninsula and is legalizing the status of agricultural farmers and investors in the region.
• Favorable demographics will support strong levels of food consumption out to 2023 and beyond.
The snack market in the Middle East may be small but it is growing at a rapid pace, particularly in the bakery and confectionery sector.
Sugar substitutes and carbonated drinks with reduced sugar remains a continued trend
With shifting lifestyles, consumers are also shifting their eating habits. Traditionl meal times are on the decline and ready-to-eat products are being developed for the region's growing urban population.
They are making their way into the market via beverages such as cold coffee
The sports and energy drinks market is experiecing an increase both in terms of volume and value growth
M: +20 (0)10 65364555